Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine's Heart Wired Flowers


Is that a funny name? Anyways, I came up with this lovely creation today:Wired heart flowers!!
I love this, to the point of insanity!! Wouldn't you like to make some for this V-day, too?
Here is what you will need:
Floral wire 
Glue
Fabric (to make flowers from of course!)
Floral tape
Buds (optional). Lets get started!!
Just for the sake of clarity, this is how my floral wire looked like

Snip a piece of floral wire according to the size of the flower desired by you. Take a reference shape to get the perfect circular shape(Mine was a deodorant bottle!!). Pull the wire tight so as to get a perfect circle, and twist around one end over the other, to lock in the shape.



Okay, the next step is to put in your index fingers inside the loop and turn them outwards, while you pinch in at the middle..Don't get that? You simply have to make a heart shape out of the circle, like this:

Now spread the fabric right side down. Hold the wired heart and apply glue onto the surface. Place the glued side onto the wrong side of fabric facing up, and press like this



Repeat the same steps for as many petals and flowers you want. I made the first flower with 5 big petals, and 3 smaller flowers, too! Let them dry..and attend to that laundry!


It was a pretty pink satin cloth I chose, and another one with white polka dots on white. 
Okay, back to it, cut the petals carefully along the wire edge as they dry. Here is how it will be like



Pretty already! Now stack them up together, right side up, like this


Twist all the wires together. Be sure you have twisted the wires tight. Now spread them, and arrange in a flowery shape. Wrap the wires with a floral tape, and you have this













You can do so many things with these pretty flowers...Arrange them on a mantel, or a vase..or tie them as a corsage, may be...

Right now I'm making more of these beauties! What do you think of them V-day wired hearts??
Linked to some cool parties..Join me here!





Get your craft on Thurs.
The Girl Creative
monogram

11 comments:

Kris said...

So very interesting! Who would have thought? They turned out absolutely lovely.

Vicki ~ FL said...

Those are very pretty and don't look to difficult to make. I just may try this out. Thanks for the instructions.

Maggie said...

Very cute - looks like a great project to do with my daughter!

Sonia said...

@Kris, Vicki, Maggie: Thank you so much ladies! You simply make my day!

Andy Porter said...

What a fun idea! I love those little hearts! Thanks so much for linking!

Andy
Poppies at Play

Unknown said...

Cute Idea!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

The flowers came out awesome! They look great tied around the wrist, too!

Kaysi said...

Those are super cute!! What a good idea, I would have never thought of that
Kaysi

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

very pretty and fun! :)

Lori said...

I would have never thought of doing that.. They turned out so nice. I can see them on my mantal....

You are so clever! What a differnce... Love it.

Thanks for joining me for another great party at "Get Your Craft on Thurs." Please join me next week for another wonderful party..

Please stop by for a big annoucement Tuesday, the 16th. I'm so excited I'm about to bust...

Lori

jasminOlivia said...

Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again












Valentine Flowers to Chennai

Post a Comment

Make my day..post a comment for whatever you read, it will really be appreciated. Thanks for sparing some of your valuable time and stopping by!!