Sunday, January 24, 2010

Beautified Flower Pot -Its all in the details!!

I love to find new things and modifying them to suit my home decor. I made this lovely thing yesterday which adorns our wooden shoe closet
My husband says I keep looking for things I could find useful even if I had to rummage through waste. So yesterday I found this desolate looking flower pot in our old and neglected storeroom. I found another ancient and beautiful large vase too, but that I'll talk about in some other post.
This was the flower pot I found
Looks like its best left alone, I know..but it had a basket-weave kind of pattern I liked,and my mind started whirring regarding what could be done with this. And then I remembered, our shoe closet was feeling rather lonely too, with its vacant surface.
So I stuffed the bottom of the flowerpot with old newspaper to make it stable and to reduce its depth.

Then I took some wood twigs i had collected and painted metallic copper earlier and placed them in the pot. I stuffed in more paper to support the twigs, and covered it with some dried grass to disguise the newspaper and bring in some natural look. It looked like this
Better than before, but it still looked kind of incomplete. Something was missing...so I added some orangish flowers, maple leaves, and a cute li'l birdie; all of them streaked with copper tones.
Now it looked complete and beautiful!
Is it not so lovely now!
Here it is, from a long shot

This was featured on:
http://tipjunkie.com" target="_blank">http://www.tipjunkie.com/images/tip-junkie_I-was-featured.gif"/>
Linked to:
giveaways
The Girl Creative
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


DIY Day @ ASPTL
Get your craft on Thurs.

I'm lovin' it!

5 comments:

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

Very cute and creative!
Clever!
Love the flowers and bird that you added.
~Amy

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

I love how your branches are off to the side! Very cool.

Sonia said...

@Amy & Stephanie: Thanks a lot for your comments..so glad you liked it!

Unknown said...

Cute! A great way to brighten that spot.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

this looks great! good job!

Post a Comment

Make my day..post a comment for whatever you read, it will really be appreciated. Thanks for sparing some of your valuable time and stopping by!!